My 6 Stone Weight Loss Journey - Before & After

You'll probably already know that I'm a member of Slimming World and I have been for around 18 months now. After years of being obese with a BMI of 40 I finally decided to do something about it (you can read more about why I started to lose weight in this post), losing weight really is something that you've got to want to do otherwise you won't succeed. I often wonder what took me so long but the truth is I just wasn't ready to commit to losing weight; even my wedding didn't give me the incentive! It took me 62 weeks to lose 6 stone and it didn't come easy, I had my ups and downs; I've been on a few holidays and things during that time so it has meant some gains but I got there in the end. Lots of people have been asking whether I'm going to before and after post so here it is... (apologies for the quality of some of the photos, they're mainly taken with phones!)

Before Measurements (taken February 2012 so I dare say I will have got bigger)
Waist: 41 inches
Hips: 47 inches
Bust: 47 inches

before-weight-loss-17-stone
June 2013 - London IMATS with Brogan - I would say that this is the only picture I have of me at my heaviest. 

plus-size-bride
On my wedding day October 2012 (the dress was a size 18)

plus-size-bridesmaid
 At my mums wedding August 2012 


plus-size-woman
February 2012

plus-size-student
 My Graduation 2012

weight-loss-progress
 This was in November 2013 when I had started to lose a bit of weight - I'd lost just under 2 stone 

slimming-world-journey
 January 2014 I was at the 2.5 stone mark here and I started to feel a lot better about myself

slimming-world-2-stone-weight-loss
On holiday in Florida May 2014 - I'd lost 4 stone for this and felt pretty damn good.

5.5-stone-weight-loss
December 2014 - I'd got my 5.5 stone award 

6-stone-weight-loss
This was me last night with my 6 stone weight loss feeling amazing!

After measurements
Waist: 31
Hips: 36
Bust: 38

So obviously 10 inches off both my waist and my hips and 9 inches off my bust. It's not until I look at figures like that, that I realise how much my body has changed. My confidence is through the roof and I honestly feel like a different person; I'm much happier now because my life is so much easier in all aspects; working, buying clothes, going out etc. etc. I was a size 18 both top and bottom before and I'm now a 10/12 bottom and a 12 top; I do still have to buy size 14 dresses most of the time because I've still got a sizeable chest but I don't mind that. At the end of the day it's not all about size and what the scales say, how I feel is what's most important to me. I'm now a target member at Slimming World so I have relaxed the plan a little to make sure I maintain within my target range and I'm absolutely loving life as my new slim self!

If you're thinking of doing Slimming World and you have any questions please do ask me in the comments below, although I'm not a consultant I can give you advice about the plan and point you in the right direction :)

No comments