Affordable Nude Lip - Revlon Colorburst Balms

Back in January I wrote about the Revlon Colourburst Lacquer and Matte balms and I said that I had every intention of buying some more, only this time I decided I wanted to go for some more nude  shades. I knew I liked both of the formulas so I got a lacquer balm in 'Ingenue' and a matte balm in 'Complex'. What's more is that these are a great option if you are looking for an affordable nude lip product.

revlon-colorburst-balm

revlon-colorburst-balm-nude

revlon-colorburst-balm-nude
Lacquer Balm in 'Ingenue' 
Gorgeous everyday shade, perfect for those moments where you haven't got time to 'keep within the lines' with your lip product.

matte-nude-lip

Matte Balm in 'Complex'
More of an orange toned shade which is a lot harder to get right, would be great if you had perfect lips with no dryness but who has perfect lips?!

My Thoughts: As you can see the matte balm is more orange toned than the lacquer balm, although this doesn't show so much on the lips (for me this highlights the importance of also looking at lip swatches, your lips are a completely different colour to your skin!!). Out of the two I much prefer the lacquer balm in this shade because it's more brown toned, is far easier to apply and just gives an effortless nude sheen to the lips. The matte balm was a little more tricky to apply, upon first application it looked a little like concealer and it seemed to sink in to all the dry parts of my lips, but after exfoliating it looked a little better but still not as nice as the lacquer. 

If you remember, last time I wrote about the Revlon Balms I actually preferred the matte balm but I think that was because of the shade; both the matte and lacquer balm have really nice formulas it's just that I prefer some shades to others. The 'Sultry' matte balm went onto the lips so smoothly and didn't sink into dry parts, I do think it's just the nature of the shade that makes it more difficult to apply because it's not as forgiving.

I daresay I will be extending my collection of Revlon Balms because they're just so easy to wear, so watch this space!

No comments