Liz Earle Strengthening Nail Colour Review

Everyone knows Liz Earle skincare ranges but her makeup collection seems to be somewhat forgotten about in amongst all the hype of cult products like cleanse and polish, when in fact there are some really nice Liz Earle makeup products and I've got two shades of Strengthening Nail Polish to share with you today. 
The chip-resistant formula gives a gorgeous glossy finish for up to 12 days whilst strengthening and protecting nails with avocado and starflower oils. There are 12 shades available and the two that I have are Bright and Breezy and Ebb Tide; two colours that for me are at two ends of the spectrum.
liz-earle-bright-and-breezy
 Liz Earle Strengthening Nail Colour in Bright and Breezy* £7.50

This shade reminds me of spring, it's a creamy yet bright and vibrant shade of peach perfect to match any floral brights you might be wearing this spring/summer. 

liz-earle-ebb-tide
Liz Earle Strengthening Nail Colour in Ebb Tide* £7.50

I think this is a beautiful shade, not only because I'm a neutrals girl through and through but also because I think it's so versatile. Perfect for work and play, this taupe is a real sophisticated shade.

My Thoughts: The formula is gorgeously creamy and really easy to apply, I found that the brush is slightly larger than regular applicators which makes it less effort to get more coverage in less strokes. I found that two coats gave a glossy, opaque finish which didn't necessarily need a top coat if you didn't have the time. I didn't get 12 days wear out of this polish, I got around 7 days; but with a hands on job like mine I find that this is good going! I also think these are really good value for money, for a couple of pounds more than a regular high street nail polish this is a cut above. It doesn't contain toluene which means that it doesn't smell as strong or as foul as regular polish, although it does still have a slight smell. Each and every one of the colours in the shade range look really beautiful, I reckon if you had one of each shade you would have most occasions covered; I've got my eye on Pink Perpetue, Moment in Time, Pure Poetry, Quicksand and Grace... In fact just give me one of each!

No comments