Aperol Spritz and Prosecco Crisps

I went round to my friends house the other night for a candle party (the best kind!) and just to have a bit of a wind down after a hectic week. I went round armed with drinks and was nicely helped out by Aperol and the ingredients of their Aperol Spritz cocktail. It's actually really simple to make; only 3 ingredients and no shaking required you just pour and drink! It does say to use a larger glass but because I didn't have one at hand I used a champagne flute...

- 3 parts Prosecco
- 2 parts Aperol
- 1 splash of soda

So it really is as easy as 3, 2, 1! 

aperol-spritz-ingredients

aperol-spritz

If you didn't already know, Aperol is an Italian Aperitif, bright orange in colour and with a unique bitter orange kind of taste. It pairs really well with Prosecco because it makes a really refreshing drink without being sickly sweet as some cocktails are; I really enjoyed it because it gave my usual drink a bit of a different edge. The ease of actually making the cocktail is a winner for me too because there's so many out there which involve buying 5 or 6 different ingredients whereas you can get the ingredients for this for under £25 and your bottle of Aperol would still last a fair while.

Along with some nibbles like the funky crisps we had (like the Tesco Finest Prosecco and Elderberry flavour), Aperol Spritz is the perfect cocktail to bring along to your friend's house!

ALWAYS DRINK RESPONSIBLY

No comments