Expensive Mistakes

Going on about how much you love something is one thing but I think there's just as much value (if not more) in saying that something hasn't worked for you, especially if you feel as if you're in the minority as I do in this case! I don't write too many negative reviews, I often think that leaving things unsaid is as good as a negative review but in this case I wanted to give my 2p because there are so many rave reviews out there of these particular products.

disappointing-makeup-products

disappointing-makeup-products
Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray £9.00
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara £19.00
Dior Star Foundation £32.50


Honestly, it does break my heart a little bit when I spend money on something high end and it doesn't work out for me, although it does tell me that 'you get what you pay for' doesn't always apply. These three products cost me over £60 which isn't the kind of money I can afford to be laying out to not like the product but I guess you win some, you lose some.

Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray - Rather than actually hating this product I have more of a 'meh' feeling towards it; it just doesn't really do a lot for me. I've been using it to try and prolong my makeup during the day rather than on a night but it just doesn't seem to be doing its job. Maybe I picked the wrong one? Maybe 'de-slick' would have been a better option given my oily skin, even my husband mentioned that my face looked oily the other day so it must have been bad! All I can say is I'm glad I bought the smaller sized bottle.

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara - What annoys me more about this product is that I recommended it to my step-sister because I'd seen so many people rave about it but it turns out that I don't actually think it's that great! The first time I opened it I wiped all the excess product off the wand because there seems to be a heck of a lot on there to begin with but it still didn't make any difference because after that every time I took the wand from the tube it was caked in product making it really difficult to apply it evenly. Unless you've got time to use this really carefully it clumps really easily and is just generally hard to use. 

Dior Star Foundation - Unfortunately with this I fell victim of another beauty counter advisor advising me against what I originally went to buy (which I'd used before!) and I stupidly went along with her and came home with a product that was a shade darker than I would have liked, it doesn't give me the coverage I wanted and there's no real oil control at all. It'd be more suited for someone who just wants to even out their skin tone, I need to cover blemishes and this just doesn't have the ability I don't think. 

No comments