Caudalie Skincare Review for Combination Skin

French skincare took the UK industry by storm last year with brands like La Roche Posay, Nuxe, Bioderma and Caudalie emerging with some of the most popular products of the year. Caudalie was known best for its Beauty Elixir, bottles of the stuff flew off the shelves when it was mentioned by Victoria Beckham; I wasn't personally as blown away by it as some people seemed to be but my current skincare routine for combination skin is made up entirely of Caudalie products, so they must be doing something right!

caudalie-skincare-review

caudalie-skincare-samples

My routine is fairly minimal at the moment, mainly because I haven't had a great deal of time so I've just been concentrating on the essentials (for me) which is cleansing and moisturising. I've never used a different moisturiser for morning and night so this a new thing for me!

Caudalie Makeup Removing Cleansing Water £13.50 - I've only ever tried two Micellaire waters, this one and Bioderma. They make makeup removing so easy, just put some on a cotton pad and swipe over your face. It has been said that Micellaire waters aren't good enough for a 'proper' cleanse but I'm getting on with this just fine; maybe it's the laziness in me but it's much more convenient to use this than it is to do a cleanse with REN clay cleanser which is what I've been using previously. The Caudalie cleansing water is made with organic grape water and camomile leaves my skin feeling refreshed and clean, it doesn't sting your eyes and it smells lovely. It doesn't leave a greasy residue which some Micellaire waters do, this really does feel more like water on your skin. 

Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum £40.50 - I only have a 10ml sample which I received from Lusso when I went for a treatment recently but the full size is 30ml. I apply this before I apply my morning/night moisturiser and it's supposed to even out complexion and get rid of any dark spots to make the skin more radiant. I have seen a noticable difference in my skin since using this, I had quite a lot of redness on my cheeks from spots which have been and gone and this has started to help to even my colour out and my cheeks don't look as angry. A little goes a long way with this product, which is a good thing given the price! I squeeze the product up into the pipette and dispense a pea sized amount onto my fingers ready to smooth onto my face. My skin drinks it up almost instantly and I'm then ready to moisturise. 

Caudalie Vinoperfect Night Cream £34.20 - This is a really thick cream, which made me a little apprehensive about using it but I love it. It's a non-greasy formula which soaks beautifully into my skin leaving it soft and smooth ready to go to bed. This is also supposed to help smooth out imperfections and correct any dark spots.

Caudalie Vinoperfect Day Fluid £34.20 - There are two day creams in the Vinoperfect range, the fluid is the lighter one which I have been using because my skin is quite oily so I don't need a heavy cream for day time use. It's a great product for me because again, it smooths onto the skin and doesn't leave any greasy residue, just a really nice base for foundation. 

The Vinoperfect range is supposed to work together to produce radiant results, so far I am impressed. As with any new skincare routine, I always worry that it might break me out, but it hasn't. This combination of Caudalie products is working really well for me at the moment and I'm remembering every single step both morning and night. The price may put some people off; this routine would cost over £120 if I had full size of the each of the Vinoperfect products. This will have to continue to work for me and probably 'wow' me to the point where I feel I can't live without it for me to repurchase every single product. We shall see.

No comments