Rimmel Stay Matte Powder Review

I can't believe that I'm actually sat here thinking that the majority, if not all of my everyday makeup is a high street brand. My all time favourite setting powder has to be Rimmel Stay Matte, I've tried MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural and yes its nice, very soft and slightly nicer packaging but it's almost £20 more expensive, not as easy to get hold of and, in my opinion, no better than Rimmel! I'd say that Rimmel Stay Matte powder is one of the best high street setting powders on the market.

rimmel-stay-matte

rimmel-stay-matte

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder £3.99 Boots (silky beige)

I've lost count of how many times I've repurchased this, it just suits my skin perfectly. It doesn't cake or dry it out excessively but it controls oil and matches my skin perfectly. I apply this every single day without fail over my foundation base to set it and sometimes I use it on its own if I'm trying to go without wearing as much makeup because it does provide a very light coverage which can even out redness. It's so easy to load onto your brush and blends effortlessly, it's also great for using to touch up your makeup during the day. I struggle to find anything bad to say about this apart from the fact that the packaging is a little flimsy but who cares when it's only £3.99; I'm not expecting luxurious cases! The shades are a little restrictive, there's only 6 and there doesn't seem to be one which would match very dark skins unfortunately, there is a transparent one but I'm not sure how well that one would work. But if you have fairer skin and you're currently spending a fortune on a setting powder and you haven't tried this yet then I urge you to pick one up next time you're in town... it could save you a fortune in the long run!

No comments