The Best Charlotte Tilbury Products

I love being able to buy luxe beauty products as and when funds allow (granted this isn't too often!) and I'd wanted to try some Charlotte Tilbury from day dot when she launched her beauty brand. I'd visited counters a few times but struggled to decide what to try as a starting point; everything looks so pretty with lots of rose gold which makes up her distinct packaging style. Charlotte Tilbury carries everything from makeup and tools to skincare and perfume but I knew I was going to focus on the makeup because I'd heard such good things. I eventually started my collection with a lipstick and the iconic Filmstar Bronze & Glow contour palette:

charlotte-tilbury-products

As you can see the packaging is absolutely superb, it really is a cut above from other brands I've tried - even high end! Everything is really solid and well made and the colours make it different to anything I've ever seen; nothing about it is flimsy and you can tell the moment that you pick it up that it's all really well made. It just screams quality. 

charlotte-tilbury-filmstar-bronze-and-glow

charlotte-tilbury-filmstar-bronze-and-glow

charlotte-tilbury-filmstar-bronze-and-glow

The main reason why I chose the Filmstar Bronze & Glow palette is because I'd heard it was really good for pale skin (to honest if CT can't get it right for pale skin who can, right?). As you can clearly see from the swatches, my skin is fair so I before I bought this palette I'd really struggled with contour because I couldn't find anything that was a match for my skin without being too orange or too brown. 

The light-medium Filmstar Bronze & Glow palette is perfect for my skin and it's a palette that will take you from day to night. I literally use this every single day and it's very buildable for a night time look without being cakey or orange. It's pricey at £49.00 but I would repurchase this in a heart beat and despite using this every single day it doesn't look I've made much of a dent in the pans at all. I would 100% recommend this for anyone with paler skin who wants to dip their toe into contouring.

A lipstick was actually the first thing I bought from the Charlotte Tilbury range and it may be surprising but I didn't go for Pillow Talk which seems to be the most talked about shade. I actually bought this particular shade from a counter and asked the assistant for a darkish nude that could be used for day and night. He recommended Very Victoria.

charlotte-tilbury-very-victoria-swatch

Very Victoria is a shade from the Matte Revolution collection of lipsticks and it really is a beautiful dark pink/nude shade. The formula is pretty revolutionary for a matte lipstick I think because it's surprisingly hydrating and doesn't feel dry even when you've worn it for a while yet it looks perfectly matte on the lips. It's stunningly easy to apply which is quite unusual for matte formulas and can easily be reapplied without a mirror - winner! The price tag is a heavy one at £24.00 but I would definitely recommend that you try Charlotte Tilbury if you're looking to treat yourself to a high end lipstick. 

Featured products:
Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Light-Medium £49.00
Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution lipstick in Very Victoria £24.00

No comments