3 Easy Ways to Stop Bloating

There are lots of products out there that claim to help stop bloating (water retention tablets and the like) but I believe that you can beat the bloat and spend very little money. Your weight will obviously fluctuate to a degree depending on what you eat but if you're finding that you feel sluggish and bloated then these 3 simple steps might help you...

floral-tea-cup

Drink lots of water: Might sound daft but not drinking enough water can actually cause you to retain water. I try and aim for 3 pints per day but upping your water intake even a little will help to keep water retention and bloating to a minimum. Of course it will make you need the toilet more often which isn't ideal in some situations but trust me, it'll be doing your body the world of good.
Try herbal tea: Before I started Slimming World if I wanted a hot drink I would stick to coffee and tea but since I started losing weight I have discovered that some herbal teas can be quite enjoyable. I particularly like peppermint tea for after I've eaten a big meal, it really helps to settle my stomach and it's great for a relaxing bedtime drink. Green tea and Oolong tea are also known for helping to speed up your metabolism, making you feel less bloated and sluggish; I try to have at least one cup of green tea/oolong tea every day. Don't get me wrong if you're used to milk in your cup of English tea then it might take a while to get your taste buds round herbal teas but stick with it and you might be surprised.
Cut out white foods: They say that God made very little 'white', white bread, pasta and rice is said to be very artificial and their wholemeal counterparts are supposed to be easier for your body to digest. Don't get me wrong I love crusty bread with loads of butter but it must be a good 6 months since I've indulged in any! Lots of people complain at the bloated feeling they get when they've eaten white bread and I think the same could also apply to pasta and rice. I actually think wholemeal/brown products have a lot more taste and really add to the flavour of your meal whereas white pasta/rice can be stodgy and a bit bland. 

No comments