My Dream Holiday to Florida

I went on about it for long enough on Twitter so I thought I'd do a short post about my holiday to Florida. I'm currently in a proper downer because I honestly miss the place so much. It was my first time of visiting this year and I definitely do not want it to be my last, I felt so lucky to have been able to go because I know that lots of people probably won't ever get to visit the most magical place on earth.

We spent 2 weeks in a villa in Davenport on a gated community called Westridge, we hired a car to get us around and we had the best 2 week holiday I've ever had in my life (not exaggerating at all, it honestly was) and I really want to share with you all some of what I got up to. I didn't take anywhere near as many photos as I would have liked simply because I think I was in awe of the whole experience 95% of the time.

magic-kingdom-castle

main-street-magic-kingdom

 Down Main street USA - being there was so totally surreal, I couldn't believe I was finally there.

florida-holiday-villa

Our car and villa - I miss this so much!

dudley-do-right-ripsaw-falls

Dudley Do Right's Ripsaw Falls - I got absolutely soaking wet through!

universal-studios-globe
 Iconic Universal globe on the way in to the park

minion-character-meet
 Me and a Minion after the Despicable Me ride

kings-cross-universal-under-construction
 This is the beginnings of the new Harry Potter area at Universal, rumours are that there's gonna be a train from Islands of Adventure to Universal, unbelievably exciting for any HP fan!

bubba-gump-universal-orlando
 (Not my shoes, they're supposed to be Forrest Gump's)

orlando-hot-air-balloon-ride

Hot Air Balloon Ride - This was an amazing experience that I would recommend to anyone. We went with Orlando Balloon Rides but there are lots more, they took us round the perimeter of Disney (laws state that you cannot actually fly over Disney) and various other areas around the 192. We set off at dawn so the views were amazing, quite expensive but well worth it especially if you're looking for something a little different in Florida.

cinderella-castle-show
 Happiest person on earth!

dole-whip-float
 Dole Whip Float from Aloha Isle in Magic Kingdom - A taste sensation!! Vanilla Ice cream on top of pineapple juice... so amazing. The queue is always big and I know exactly why!

blooming-onion-outback
 Bloomin' Onion from Outback Steakhouse - Just like onion rings only better!!

sword-in-the-stone-magic-kingdom
Trying to pull out the Sword in the Stone at Magic Kingdom... I'll never be the queen of England after all!


Me and the main man himself with obligatory Disney ears!

I would go back next week if I could, it's a shame it's so expensive and it's such a long way away but I'm sure we will be back at some point during the near future. May is a great time to go because the weather is perfect, it's nice and hot and there wasn't much rain at all while I was there. I'm sure I don't need to tell you but everything about Florida is amazing, even if you're not keen on rides it really is so magical. 

We also did some shopping while we were there (Michael Kors purse for £68 anyone?!) and we did an airboat ride in the swamps with Spirit of the Swamp and got up really close to a few alligators! I love to see animals in their natural habitat rather than in captivity and an airboat is the perfect way to do this!
It really was the holiday of a lifetime.

No comments