REN ClearCalm Clay Cleanser Review

I'm on to my second bottle of this so I thought it was time I gave it a review. I have become much more into skincare over the last 8 months and I have been using this every morning and night to take my makeup off, sometimes double cleansing and sometimes leaving it on for 10 mins as a mask. The REN Clearcalm 3 system helps prevent blemishes and breakouts by controlling excess sebum, dead skin cell build up and blemish causing bacteria without being harsh on the skin causing dryness and irritation. 

ren-clearcalm-clay-cleaner

ren-clay-cleanser
REN is committed to producing products which contain no parabens, sulfates, mineral oils, synthetic fragrances etc. etc. which are often responsible for breakouts and spots. It smells really clean and simple, much like most clay masks smell and the consistency is like that of a full on clay mask but thinner. When applying it as a cleanser I wet my hands with warm water and rub 1 pump of product between my fingers and then massage into my face, it goes quite milky with the water and is easy to spread and work with. After massaging I wipe it off with a flannel; depending how much make up I have on I might double cleanse or I might just finish off my cleanse with a splash of cold water. 

I've noticed a difference in my skin since using this, and I notice when I forget to use it... even if I miss one cleanse out my skin starts to rebel and little pimples start to appear. It doesn't dry my skin out at all but doesn't control oil as much as I would like, I do still get quite a bad oil breakthrough throughout the day but I don't believe that any product could stop that, nor do I think it's a good idea to stop it!! 

I much prefer this to the Emma Hardie in terms of what it does for my skin but I have to admit that balms do feel much more luxury when using them but they just don't seem to agree with my skin, Emma Hardie was much to heavily perfumed for my I think and I think that the lack of perfumes etc. is why REN is so good for me. I plan to try some more REN stuff soon because this has worked so well for me, I'm considering a moisturiser from them to see what that's like.

No comments