La Roche Posay Serozinc - Why You Need It

First of all I want to say that, in case you didn't know, I have combination/oily skin which is prone to acne. So what I say about this product may not apply to you depending on what your skin type is.

Facial sprays have been a big thing in skincare for a while now but I believe that a lot of them (especially ones like Evian) are just glorified bottles of water; I can buy a bottle of water for 60p at the shop, I do not need to spend £6.99 or however much it is on a bottle with an aerosol on it. I do think a lot of the time these spray waters are classed as 'amazing' because they are a cool thing to have in your handbag at the time, ordinary Evian water, even out of an aerosol, probably won't do your skin any more good than sticking your head under a tap will. If you use things like Evian you'll probably find that you feel fresh (as you would if someone threw a glass of water in your face, only less annoyed) but that your skin quickly feels tight and uncomfortable afterwards.

Anyway, I went off on a complete tangent then. What I'm actually talking about today is La Roche Posay Serozinc. 

la-roche-posay-serozinc
La Roche Posay Serozinc - £8.50 Escentual

LRP Serozinc ingredients are significantly different to what you'll find in other facial sprays, I don't ever carry this in my handbag because I don't feel I need to carry around a product like this. The ingredients are very simple, with no fuss; Aqua, Sodium Chloride & Zinc Sulfate. 

The scientists among you will know that those first two ingredients translate to water and salt; sodium chloride is known for its astringent and antiseptic qualities (ever heard your mum/nana say bath a wound in salt water... stings like hell but it works). Zinc sulfate is known to benefit acne and blemishes; reducing soreness and calming the redness which comes with it. Because of these ingredients, Serozinc can be used to help relieve razor burn, superficial (top of skin) skin irritations and even sore babies bums! 

I use it as part of my skincare routine, I cleanse, tone, spray and then moisturise (if I feel I need to). I also use it more often if I'm having a bad skin day and my face is really red and sore and I find it really brings down the spots on my face; they don't disappear by any means but they become more manageable and less painful.

When Serozinc was first released, it wasn't widely available in the UK but thankfully, now, it's available in most online beauty stores such as Look Fantastic and Escentual. I'd definitely recommend adding this to your skincare routine if you struggle with acne sensitivity and it's just an all-round versatile product good to have in your collection.

No comments