Garnier Summer Body Light for Fair Skin

I don't tan very often but I realise that everyone looks better with a tan, even if it's just a bit of a bronzed look on your legs when you get them out so when I saw this on the shelf at a couple of quid I couldn't resist as I've seen it on quite a few blogs lately and they've been loving it so I thought why not give it a go?! This is a great option if you don't want to use full-on fake tan.

garnier-summer-body-light

I've been using the Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan which I'll be showing you very soon (when I get a good photo of my tanned arm) and it's great for maintaining and moisturising a tanned look, the one I got is 'light' which I didn't realise when I bought it; had I realised I would have probably gone for dark. I'll be honest, on it's own its not the best, it does take a hell of a long time to build up any noticeable tan (which is why I haven't taken before and afters as it's not that easy to see on its own).

It doesn't smell at all when you first apply it and the scent of apricot is really dominant rather than the odd cheesy/biscuity smell I find a lot of gradual tanners have but it does develop the signature tan scent about 4 hours after you've put it on which isn't a problem for me because I actually don't mind the smell of fake tan. To be totally honest I genuinely don't think anyone will ever totally get rid of that 'whiff', even if a product smells good when in the tube it's probably the developing agent or whatever that actually makes it smell.

The moisurising aspect of this is what I love the most about it, because I tend not to use moisturiser on my body because I'm lazy but if it's going to prolong my tan then I'm willing to take a bit more time over it. If you were going to use this as a gradual tanner alone then I suggest you get the dark shade as I doubt you'll tell much of a difference on any skin tone other than porcelain! Obviously even when you use moisturisers/gradual tanners on top of regular fake tan you do still need to exfoliate properly regularly and do a bit of a tan detox every now and again otherwise you'll get a nasty tan build up, which isn't pretty! 

I think gradual tanners are pretty good for most people especially if you're fair skinned and you're worried about looking like the tango man with full on fake tan. I like to think of it as tanning without the commitment, you can see within the first day if it's not the right shade for you and you simple don't apply it anymore and it doesn't take ages to fade. 

No comments