Vichy Idéalia BB Creme Review with Before and After Photos

Summer is supposedly here and it's the time when lots of people are going on holiday so a lighter foundation/base option is what many are looking for. Lots of brands have brought out a BB cream but none of them have ever stuck in my make-up bag. Vichy are a fully fledged skincare brand which does give me slightly more confidence in their BB Cream, because I do often think that brands name something a 'BB cream' when it has very little to offer in terms of skincare. Idealia is SPF25, is hypoallergenic, non-comodegenic and contains thermal spring water meaning that it is suitable for sensitive skin (like most Vichy products). 

vichy-idealia-bb-creme

vichy-idealia-bb-creme-swatches

Vichy Idealia only comes in 2 shades; light and medium, which means that dark skinned ladies can't use this as there isn't a dark shade. I received both shades and I found that I will probably use both because the light will be good for when I'm my 'normal' skin colour and the medium would suit my skin when I have a tan or when I've applied fake tan. The formula is really smooth and quite thick so it offers surprisingly good coverage suitable for day time which I love! 

mildly-spotty-skin
 Before

vichy-idelia-bb-creme-on-spotty-skin

After
As you can see it doesn't cover every single imperfection but it just gives my skin a more even tone and coves the majority of redness which is sometimes all I need for every day use during the summer. It does give quite a dewy finish which isn't great for me as I have oily skin but I just powder my t-zone and it's good to go for around 4 hours then I have to reapply a little in places. 

What I like about this BB cream is that it's light so it doesn't leave me wanting to scratch my face off by 5pm which is how I sometimes feel with the heavier foundations I use. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't use it for a night out but I would definitely use it all day/night on holiday (due to its SPF properties and lightweight feel) and I use it most days for work at the moment because it's quick and easy to apply and doesn't take long to blend. 

Vichy Idealia BB Creme is available now in Boots and also online at Escentual

No comments