Vue Cinema Doncaster Review

GIFTED EXPERIENCE: I was kindly asked to write up my experience at Vue Doncaster in exchange for two complimentary tickets to see Dumbo 

After living somewhere where there isn't a cinema within a 20 mile radius, I feel really lucky to have things like this right on my doorstep now. Kev and I used to use the cinema a LOT more when we first started seeing each other; as you do - the cinema is a typical date type destination isn't it? But we'd not been for a while so it was nice to get out on a week night to do something a little bit different.

You'd be forgiven for thinking that the cinema is still an expensive night out but Vue Doncaster have actually now restructured their pricing so that for a regular seat any time, any day of the week it's only £5.49 and it's even cheaper at £4.99 if you book your cinema tickets in advance. This is obviously to drag you away from at-home streaming services which were becoming the more favoured way to watch films. However, for me, the beauty of a cinema visit is that it feels like a treat but rather than it breaking the bank it's now much more affordable (and even more so if you are also signed up to things like Meerkat Movies where you get tickets buy one, get one free). 

vue-cinema-doncaster

I'm sure if you live in Doncaster you'll know that Vue Cinema is near Lakeside and the big Asda off Bawtry Road and you may also be aware that there's loads of new eating places opening just opposite the cinema so now not only do we have Pizza Express, Nando's, Frankie and Benny's and Brewer's Fayre, we're also getting a Taco Bell, Dunkin' Donuts, TGI Friday's, Urban Fresh Burgers and Fries and Estabulo so there'll be plenty to choose from if you like to eat before/after your film.

vue-cinema-tickets

There are of course snacks available to buy in the cinema which are pretty unmissable as you walk in as you're hit by a huge Ben & Jerry's sign, pick n' mix and the smell of popcorn and nachos which makes it really difficult to resist. I always find that Doncaster Vue is fully staffed so there's never an issue in getting served; even as it was very busy with the release of the new Avengers film there were no huge queues which makes the whole experience so much more relaxing. The one thing I can't resist when I go to the cinema is a mixed Tango Ice Blast and I can never say no to going large (for the marginal difference in price I figure I might as well!).

vue-cinema-doncaster

tango-ice-blast-doncaster

Once we'd picked up our tickets, we sat down to enjoy the film; we had regular seats but there is an option to upgrade to the VIP seats which are bigger and comfier.

I have to say that Dumbo disappointed me a little bit, I realise I probably had high hopes after the last live action Disney I saw was Beauty and the Beast (where I was an emotional mess throughout) but it was just very underwhelming. Dumbo was cute and there were some excellent visual effects but I just wouldn't rate it unfortunately. I am, however, very much looking forward to seeing the Lion King in July and I fully expect to be an emotional wreck during that!

No comments