York Roast Co. ChoccyPud Wrap Review CHOCCYPUD WRAP REVIEW

The York Roast Co. were the original creators of the explosively popular Yorkshire Pudding Wrap, and it's been so successful that they've trademarked the name 'YorkyPud Wrap'. You might remember that a while ago I went to try the Yorkshire pudding wrap at the York Roast Co. in York so when I was asked to return to try their limited edition ChoccyPud wrap you can imagine what my immediate response was!

The ChoccyPud wrap is a limited edition sweet treat available at York Roast Co. locations in York, Shrewsbury, Salisbury and Chester until the end of April. Containing lashings of melted chocolate, chunks of gooey brownie, crushed Oreos and crumbly Flake, served with a dollop of cream, the ChoccyPud wrap is exactly how a dessert should be done with a Yorkshire pudding.

I'll be honest and say that I was initially skeptical. I really like pancakes and could eat them until the cows come up but despite the fact that the mix for pancakes and Yorkshires is very similar, I've just never seen the appeal of things like Yorkshire pud with jam and other sweet toppings. However, given how the Yorkshire pudding wrap blew me away as a taste sensation, I wanted to give the sweet version a fair chance to impress.

We obviously started with a main course of a 'no bread sandwich' which is beef with potatoes and veg in a cute little box but we were careful not to fill ourselves up and spoil the main event.

The most challenging part of this whole visit wasn't fitting the food in but taking a picture that does the ChoccyPud wrap justice! It's so packed full of chocolatey goodness that it's actually really hard to get a good picture of it. Obviously it all started off very well with the untouched squirty cream and pristine wrapping but the chocolatey goodness soon starts to spill out...

choccypud-wrap

choccypud-wrap

choccypud-wrap

choccypud-wrap

choccypud-wrap

york-roast-co-choccypud-wrap

Ok, so I know that opened up picture isn't necessarily the prettiest but it was the only way I could show how truly covered in chocolate it was inside! It was a very indulgent, chocolatey dessert that I can imagine would be just as good as a breakfast food (call it Yorkshire's version of a big pain au chocolat!) as it was so filling or when you've got that sweet craving after a night out (the York locations don't close until 1/2am on a weekend).

It was absolutely full of melted chocolate as you can see from the pictures and despite my initial reservations about eating a Yorkshire pud with a sweet filling I really enjoyed it and left with my sweet tooth being suitably satisfied. The only thing that would have made it better would have been a little bit more cream (maybe served in a side cup).

If this is something that tickles your fancy you have until the end of April to try one at one of York Roast Co.'s 5 locations (York Stonegate and Low Petergate, Chester, Shrewsbury and Salisbury) please do tag me in on Instagram if you go and try one and let me know what you think!

No comments