Feast Bawtry Review

It's not often I venture out for breakfast/brunch but when my step-sister introduced me to the little gem that is 'Feast' in Bawtry I had to share it because I'm really keen that small businesses in the Doncaster area get the recognition they deserve when they do something well.

Feast is a family friendly destination cafe in Bawtry near Doncaster serving fresh, home made food daily either to be eaten in or taken away. The contemporary decor, coupled with the warm welcome from the staff dressed in their signature 'Feast' orange t-shirts, clearly appeals to people of all ages because while I've been in there there have been a steady stream of customers from families and couples to workmen and local office workers on their dinner hour. They also welcome dogs which has meant that I've seen the cutest little baby sausage dog and a gorgeously curly Cava-poo (forget cat cafes, give me a dog cafe any day of the week!)

feast-bawtry

feast-bawtry

feast-bawtry-takeaway-menu

feast-bawtry

It is a really inviting little cafe and you're always greeted with a smile from the lady who I assume is the owner. Their all-day brunch menu is where I've ordered each time I've visited but they also do a selection of sandwiches, toasties and hot specials for lunch. The prices are reasonable, especially as you'd be forgiven for assuming it'd be expensive given that it's in Bawtry; from £5.95 for a toastie to around £9.45 for a full English breakfast.

feast-bawtry-brunch-menu

feast-bawtry-drinks-menu

The choice of drinks is huge, as you can see from the menu above but I went for a simple English breakfast tea for two (I went with my dad) which came in this huge modern teapot accompanied by a cute little milk bottle. You also get a tiny little biscuit with your tea (which was long gone by the time of this photo!) which is just a little taste of their homemade goods.

feast-bawtry-tea

I have been to Feast twice so I'm going to show what I ordered on both occasions; all choices are from the all-day brunch menu.

mini-feast-breakfast
Mini Feast Breakfast, £6.45 (butcher sausage, back bacon, half a sauteed tomato fried egg and toast)

This was Kev's choice the first time we visited and he commented on how much he loved the toast which looked like it was the most amazing thick cut bread with plenty of butter. This is a lovely little option if you don't want a heavy breakfast but you still love the idea of a full English. 

smoked-salmon-scrambled-eggs-bagel
 Smoked Salmon and Scrambled eggs, £7.95 (smoked salmon, creme fraiche scrambled eggs with dill on a toasted bagel)

This was my first choice and actually wasn't what I expected; I expected the scrambled eggs to be separate from the salmon but this actually worked really well; there was plenty of scrambled egg and I really enjoyed it.

avocado-and-eggs-feast-bawtry
 Avocado and Eggs, £8.95 (crushed avocado, poached egg, portobello mushroom, griddled tomato on sourdough toast)

I actually got this after seeing my step-sister have it on our first visit. She actually had hers minus the tomato and mushroom so if you do have any specific requests make sure you let them know and they'll happily accommodate if they can. I was a bit hesitant about the sourdough toast but again, it really works because it's not too stodgy with the avocado. The poached eggs were cooked to perfection with an amazingly orange runny yolk. 

chorizo-hash-feast-bawtry
Chorizo Hash, £7.25 (fried chorizo with poatoes, sauteed onions on sourdough toast, topped with fried eggs)

I thought this was quite unusual to see on a menu in England and it reminded me of 'Hash House a go-go' in America. This was my dad's choice and he said he really enjoyed it; there was plenty of chorizo and it definitely looks like something to have if you're wanting something a bit different to the usual cafe options. 

I can say with 100% certainty that it won't be the last time I visit Feast and I highly recommend that you try it if you live in the Doncaster area. I also noticed on my last visit that they do 'cronuts', is a hybrid of a donut and a croissant, which I fully intend to try if they have some next time I'm there!

You can find out more info about them on their Facebook page, no need to book, just turn up and hope there's a table available!

No comments