Does Benenox Work?

Disclosure: This bottle of Benenox was sent to me free of charge - a review was not required in return but I wanted to let you know my thoughts

I think at some point we all struggle with sleep; whether it's getting to sleep, staying asleep or just getting good quality rest in general. I've found that, naturally, the more stressful my job has got, the less sleep I seem to get and that's even at weekends. I found myself waking up at 5/6am regardless of what time I'd gone to sleep on a night and I'd often really struggle to drift back off which would leave me feeling like I'd not slept at all. I personally try and stay away from sleep aids; the only sleep aid I use is on a return to UK long-haul flight just to basically knock me out but even a short term solution I'd be worried about beginning to rely on them.

When I saw Benenox advertised on Instagram I realised that although it promises 'good quality sleep' it's not actually a sleep aid in the traditional sense in that it doesn't send you off to sleep. What Benenox actually is, is a food supplement taken just before bed that helps to 'supplement your body's stored energy levels to support good quality sleep' so basically it should help you to stay asleep once you've nodded off and help you to wake up feeling refreshed and recharged. Naturally I was intrigued  initially and after trying it I wanted to answer the question does Benenox work?

benenox-overnight-research

Benenox contains Vitamin B6, honey and Sustamine which have been shown to help reduce tiredness and fatigue, support normal psychological function and help energy production. It was this 'Sustamine' ingredient that intrigued me most; after a bit of research I found that it was used a lot by athletes and assists with rehydration and sustain energy levels. This blend of ingredients in Benenox helps to replenish the glycogen used by your body overnight for essential repairs that happen when you're sleeping which should help to make you feel refreshed when you wake up rather than groggy. 

So do I think Benenox really works?

I took Benenox over a period of 9 days and I have mixed feelings about it really. I do think that I felt more refreshed and ready for the day on the majority of days when I woke up and I do feel as if I had more energy on the days when I took it. However, out of the 9 days there was only one day when I didn't wake up at all during the night. 

So in essence, Benenox delivered on the 'feeling recharged' part of their promise but it didn't help with my disrupted sleep but to be honest I don't think a lot would unless I a) reduced the stress in my daily life or b) took actual sleeping tablets. But do I think it made enough of a difference to my life to buy another bottle? No I don't, and I personally think it's expensive at £9.99 per bottle given that you do only get 9 days worth. 

If you do want to try Benenox for yourself it is available from Boots or you can find out more information about it on the Benenox website.

No comments