Slimming World Diet Coke Chicken Recipe

So, I've just got home after my 4th weigh in at Slimming World and I'm pretty pleased with myself this week because I'm still 100% on plan, I only went over syns by 0.5 on one day and I've still been getting superfree foods into every meal. This weeks result was...

-4lb

I am really impressed by that because not only is it a really good weightloss it also pushed me well into my 1 stone award and got me slimmer of the week (I've had slimmer of the week twice already since I joined!)

slimming-world-award-certificates

I don't like to gloat because I know how hard it is to lose weight and I really feel for those who find it especially difficult, I don't want to seem like I'm smug or anything, especially not in group. But the truth is I'm actually really not smug or THAT pleased with myself, well I am pleased with myself obviously but I am determined not to get complacent because that's when it all goes wrong. I know I've got a long way to go to get to my target weight (which isn't actually set yet!) and I'm determined to do it this time without losing my head and letting it all go down the pan. I've done it too many times and I'm not prepared to do it again! 

Anyway... onto what I've been enjoying this week:

diet-coke-chicken

Diet Coke Chicken - Mention this to anyone and they'll say ergh why would you pour diet coke onto chicken? But it is actually really REALLY nice. I'd say it's like a cross between BBQ chicken and some kind of chinese style chicken dish. Credit to Leanne from Do Not Refreeze who gave me this recipe.

Ingredients:
Chicken (cut into strips or diced)
Onions
100g Passata
330ml Can of Diet Coke
Worcester Sauce
Soy Sauce
2 cloves of garlic (or garlic powder)
1 chicken stock cube/pot
Whatever herbs and spices you like

- So first of all spray a deep frying pan or wok with Fry Light
- Add the chicken & onion and fry until the chicken is sealed on all sides
- Pour in the full can of Diet Coke along with the passata, stock cube/pot, garlic and herbs
- Mix it all together
- Simmer on a low-medium heat for around 30 minutes. This reduces it to make the sauce thicker and more of a 'sticky' texture. It looks REALLY thin when you first pour everything in but don't worry it will reduce.
- Once the sauce has thickened take it off the heat and serve with whatever sides you fancy; it's good with rice, chips, salad, veg... anything really! You can also add peppers, mushrooms etc. into the mix when you fry the chicken and onions if you fancy!

Apparently this also works well with Diet Fanta/Tango although I've never tried it, has anyone done it with that?


Butternut Squash Chips - Butternut Squash is a pain to cut, the skin is so thick but I think the results are worth it. I love chips made in the Actifry and by using Butternut squash you are getting more superfree which = better weightlosses!


Spaghetti Bolognese - This looks a little bit bland I know but it tasted so good! It's all free and I added lots of tomatoes and onions to get some superfree. I could have maybe done with a little more superfree but I didn't know what to put with it, having anything else would have felt a bit wrong I think! 

This week I'm determined to make some soup, I've been saying I will from day one so this week has to be the week because I need to mix it up a little bit in order to stay focused. I've bought the latest Slimming World mag so I'm going to look in there for more meal ideas. Next week I'd like another 2lb off, I'm well on my way to reaching my mini-goal of 2 stone by Christmas but like I said I can't afford to take my foot off the gas. 

One thing I will say about this week is that saying 'no' is making me feel so good. I know that sounds daft but I'm offered biscuits and other high syn things on a daily basis and I have got well into the habit of saying no because although you may think 'that little bit won't hurt' it WILL and it leads onto another 'little bit' of something else which then reflects when you get weighed!!

If you're on Slimming World or you have been before, what is your favourite meal? I'd like some more inspiration!

No comments