Lolita Lempicka The First Fragrance Review

I've been lusting after Lolita Lempicka after I smelt it in London at the beginning of December but I just didn't see the point in buying another perfume when I already had more than enough bottles. But then I saw a 30ml EDP bottle for £16.99 on Fragrance Direct and I couldn't pass it up.

lolita-lempicka

lolita-lempicka
Lolita Lempicka 'The First Fragrance' - £16.99, Fragrance Direct

The main thing that draws me to this perfume is the bottle, it's so pretty looking on my dressing table and is quite unique compared to what I've had before. The main thing I love about it is the spray part is so unusual, I thought you'd have to take a lid off to reveal the actual pump but the 'stem' of the apple is actually where you spray the perfume. There is a method in the madness behind the design of the bottle. It symbolises love; a heart pierced with an arrow to symbolise naivety and tenderness and Ivy symbolic of eternal love... Valentines present idea?!!?! 

I didn't realise Lolita Lempicka had been out for so long, but it was actually launched in the 90's about 15 years ago and this was the first fragrance to be launched. Aptly named 'The First Fragrance' the actual scent is different to other perfumes I have in my collection; traditionally I'm a musky kind of girl (Jean Paul Gaultier, D&G The One etc.) but the notes of this are quite different. It isn't totally away from a musky smell but it has notes of licorice, ivy, voilet, tonka bean, cherry, vanilla and praline... the undertone is musk but it's definitely not your traditional musky smell. 

This is definitely one to try even if it doesn't sound like something you'd normally go for, you might surprise yourself. Fragrance direct are actually selling it for less than half the price of what Debenhams are at £16.99 so that's definitely the place to pick it up from if you did decide to buy! I reckon I'll be visiting Fragrance Direct a lot more often from now on!

No comments