Forest Holidays Sherwood Forest Cabin Break Review

You don't have to travel out of the country to have an amazing break away, there are some fab places for a short break in the UK and Forest Holidays cabins are the perfect example. Forest Holidays sites are very no-nonsense in my eyes; they literally have the cabins, a forest retreat which is like a little cafe and shop and some organised walks and a few activities. Nothing costs a fortune, if you wanted you could literally take everything with you food wise, never move from your cabin and not spend a penny for the whole holiday.

We chose to go in a 'Golden Oak' cabin which just basically means it's a little more luxury with nice little touches like dressing gowns and slippers. We also got a private hot tub and a log burner, we also paid extra to be able to take our dog with us (£10 per night) and also paid for the optional extra 'entertainment package' which gave us free wifi and loads of films on demand in the cabin, the only major thing it was missing was a DVD player but you could take your own as there are connections for one.

log-cabin-log-burner

scrabble-welcome

log-cabin-bed

log-cabin-UK


forest-holidays-golden-oak

I could literally live here, I'm not even joking it is so home from home it's unreal, with everything you have in your home to stuff you don't like a hot tub, a log burner and under floor heating. Such beautiful surroundings, the perfect getaway! We bought all our food and stuff before we came; treat ourself to some of the nicer bits that Tesco has to offer and of course got a bag full of chocolate and other sweets. I took all my favourite beauty stuff with me because I had full intentions of pampering myself silly while I was there. You can actually pay and hire in a beauty therapist to come into your cabin which I bet would be absolutely lovely but I figured that I can do most of it to myself anyway and I find pampering myself therapeutic in itself.

Everyday we took Jasper for a walk in the forest and it was especially lovely because everywhere was thick with snow! There is also Sherwood Pines just a very short walk from the Forest Holidays site where there are lots of different activities and things to look at; there's a Go Ape! I do believe, where there are zip wires and the like as well as the opportunity to hire bikes. We didn't do any of this we just went on the planned out walks but if you had a family or wanted to be a bit more active then Sherwood Pines would be fab. We'd call at the Forest Retreat on the way back and get some bits like freshly baked bread and paninis and then we'd head back to the cabin and get settled down for the night. The cabin is obviously kitted out with full kitchen facilities so most nights I just cooked our tea but you can actually order a freshly made pizza from the Forest Retreat which we did one night and it got delivered to our cabin (you order it through the TV... how clever is that!?).

cocker-spaniel-in-the-snow

sherwood-pines-snow

sherwood-pines-forest-holidays

snowy-forest

dog-snowball-legs
 The joys of being a spaniel in the snow! Those snow balls were a pain to get off!
sherwood-pines-in-the-snow

winter-forest

snowy-trees

forest-holidays-in-winter

I would recommend a Forest Holiday to anyone, they're perfect for so many reasons. Couples, families, get togethers, hen parties (as long as you don't cause trouble obvs!). They have sites all over the country, from Scotland down to Deerpark so there's sure to be one near you somewhere! Price is also another great selling point; the week we went in January cost around £390 for a 6 bed Golden Oak cabin with the entertainment package & price of the dog to stay, so if you went with another 2 couples it'd cost you less than £150 per couple for 4 nights... I think that's fab!

Next time I really want to try Forest of Dean in Hampshire because it's a part of the country that I've never been to and I just really fancy it... I can't wait already!

No comments