Rimmel Lycra Pro 393 Desire

I bought this for a night out last weekend, I was wearing a black dress and wanted a suitable colour to go with it. 'Desire' is a gorgeous reddy brown colour with a hint of shimmer, I took two swatch photos as without the flash I don't think it caught the shimmer very well, but I know how people appreciate natural sunlight photos too. If you love darker nail colours, you'll love Rimmel Lycra Pro Desire...

rimmel-lycra-pro-393-desire-swatch

I can tell you now, the coverage of this particular shade is absolutely amazing (I can't speak for the whole range as this is the only one I have tried). I was in a massive rush when I was going out so I only had time to do one coat, this polish looks amazing just with that one layer. Obviously if you layer it up, the colour will be darker and probably last longer on your nail.

The application of this polish is amazing, Rimmel have decided to use a 'Maxi Brush' for this product for 'Mistake Free Application'. I was in a rush and this brush made it so much easier to apply! 


So rather than faffing with a thin brush and having to do numerous strokes and re-dips, this brush means that you can apply polish in 3 strokes (or less, depending on the width of your nail) and I didn't have to re-dip at all! I do believe that the Rimmel 60 Second polish has also had a brush overhaul, but it's a 'precision' brush... I must try that.

Without a shadow of a doubt I would buy more from this range, yes. I did grumble to myself a little when I bought it as it was £4.59, I'm used to buying Rimmel Lasting finish at £2.99 but the lycra one is definitely worth the price tag. 

No comments