4 Things to do on a Sunday to Chill Out

Sunday is traditionally when we spend the entire day dreading what awaits us at work on Monday but I've been determined to change that mindset by making it a day that I actually enjoy right up until I go to bed.

sunday-chill-out


Get out and about
Sometimes on a Sunday you literally do just want to stay in the house all day and chill out but I think it's the staying in all day that sometimes breeds that feeling of dread because you end up feeling a bit bored and naturally your thoughts turn to the next thing on your agenda eg. work. For that reason I like to try and get out for a short walk if it's not raining - I actually prefer walking in autumn/winter weather because you can layer up accordingly and actually enjoy the walk without sweating as if you've done a full on workout.

Catch up on cleaning
I know some of you will read that and think 'cleaning' and 'chilling' do not go in the same sentence but I can honestly say that I genuinely love cleaning. No I've not travelled back to the 1950's, I don't believe my place is in the kitchen but I do believe that there's nothing more therapeutic than hoovering your living room carpet, stepping back to admire the hoover lines and spraying them with 1001 Winter Berry Carpet Freshener. Ok so I may have lost it slightly but on a serious note since it exploded on Instagram I've absolutely fallen in love with cleaning and I really do clean for enjoyment rather than it being a chore.

Fill in a bullet journal
I've spoke about bullet journalling as a way to give yourself a bit of me time; you can find hundreds of ideas on Pinterest and I find it really quite a cathartic thing to do and I highly recommend it as a way to kind of 'offload' the week.

Have a bath
A bath is how I end every Sunday because I find it so relaxing; I have a specific little routine that I go through and I find that it really relaxes me ready for bed. I was kindly sent a pamper pack from Sanctuary Bathrooms so I wanted to share what my Sunday night pamper consists of...

metal-bath-rack-with-products
  • I always light an aromatherapy candle, whether it's Wax Lyrical Lavender and Chamomile or Neom De-Stress 
  • Use use a luxury bath product like a Lush bath bomb
  • Apply a face mask just before getting into the bath and leave it to work it's magic as you relax
  • Use a nice hair treatment - I have blonde hair so I use the Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes toning shampoo which just takes out the brassy tones but a deep conditioning treatment would also be nice
  • I take the opportunity to exfoliate and shave because I find this much easier in a bath than a shower.
What do you with your Sunday? Share your pictures with me on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #GiveYourselfSomeSanctuary 

No comments