Lush Ultrabland Cleanser for Combination Skin

Until a few weeks ago I've been cleansing with just a micellar water no matter how much makeup I had on, but every time I cleansed off heavy makeup it was always in the back of my mind that a micellar water wasn't enough to properly cleanse it all off. Ever since my bad experience with Emma Hardie Moringa balm I've stayed away from heavy, oily, balm cleansers for fear that they might not suit my combination skin but when I was introduced to the skincare range in Lush Meadowhall I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Up until going to the meet I'd never heard of any Lush skincare products apart from their face masks but the lovely guy at the Lush explained lots of their products and how they work; Ultrabland has been voted the Lush founders' number one Desert Island product and is apparently one of their most popular cleansers. It was the simplicity of the ingredients that really caught my eye because although it's a heavy, oily, balm cleanser it's not fragranced to the hilt with potential breakout causing ingredients. Made with beeswax, almond oil, rose water and honey, this makes removing heavy makeup as easy as it can be. 

lush-ultrabland

lush-ultrabland-cleanser

My Thoughts: Because the ingredients are so simple, this doesn't have a particularly nice smell, I think the beeswax smell really comes through more than anything else but aside from that I really like using this. Literally a scraping of this goes a long way; I tend to wet my face first then pick a little bit of product up with my index finger, warm between my fingers and then I apply to my face, starting with cheeks and working up to my eyes (the two places with most makeup on) and then the rest of my face. I leave it on for a minute or so and then I remove with a warm flannel, if I try and wipe it off my fingers with just cold water it doesn't work it stays really greasy and can be a bit worrying to begin with because it made me think 'Oh no it's going to leave my face a greasy mess'... but with a warm flannel it really doesn't.

 It's so gentle and you don't have to really rub and pull at your eyes to get heavy makeup off. A single cleanse will get most of my makeup off )foundation, mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, bronze etc.) but I sometimes double cleanse my eyes depending how much mascara I've put on. It doesn't leave any greasy residue but it makes my face feel so soft and nourished. With an oily cleanser like this I always tone, I've been using Lush's Tea Tree Water with this and it's been working really well for me. In fact I think I might do an updated skincare routine very soon because it's changed in the last month!
I honestly never thought I could get on with this cleanser because I have oily skin but I love using it now and it's such good value for money at only £6.95 for 45g... trust me 45g goes a long way. 

No comments