Heal Gel Face for Acne Scarring and Redness

Last month I posted about the fact that I'd been using Salcura Antiac to help fight blemishes, which helped massively with the persistent breakouts I kept having on my cheeks and on my jawline. It had managed to get rid of the offending blemishes but I was still left with redness and scarring where they had attacked my face. I also had a bit of dryness on my cheeks from the aftermath of spots which I was looking to sort out. 

The much talked about Heal Gel Face is actually an aqueous gel containing the best ingredients to soothe, repair and protect your skin. It's a base layer treatment to help replenish dehydrated skin and restore elasticity; I don't have a problem with my skins elasticity as I am only 23 but I do think my skin is dehydrated. I have tried Hydraluron which is to be used underneath your normal moisturiser but Heal Gel can be used on its own with similar results. It was the fact that this is said to be great for acne scarring and redness that really caught my eye though, and so many bloggers have been raving about it so it must be good, right?

heal-gel

heal-gel-face

Heal Gel Face* £48.00 Cult Beauty 

My thoughts: I've been using this every single day since the day I received it, morning and night I've been using it in place of my usual moisturiser and before I apply La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo Plus. A pump and a half is enough for my whole face and I make sure that I massage this in properly so that it can get to work without having to 'soak in' first. The formula is so lightweight and non-greasy, as I said you only need a small amount to cover your face and the pump action dispenser means that you needn't waste a drop. After using this for over a month I have seen a noticeable difference in the redness on my cheeks, they look much less angry and I never feel any tightness - which can be a symptom of dehydrated skin. As with most new skincare products, I worry that it'll break me out but I've only had one active spot appear in the time I've been using this and I don't think that Heal Gel is to blame at all. On the whole my face feels a lot smoother and I've found that I feel much more confident without makeup; the redness hasn't completely disappeared but it is well on its way. 

There's no denying that it is an expensive product, and the no-nonsense packaging doesn't infer that it should be priced high end bracket. The development and the ingredients are what warrant the expensive price tag, and it is said to also help a lot with eczema and psoriasis as well as targeting fine lines and wrinkles. I can't speak for these benefits but this has lots of reviews elsewhere from people like Sam and Nic from Pixiwoo who said that Nic had used it on her cesarean scar with very pleasing results! I'm not suggesting that you rush out and splurge on this if your pocket doesn't allow for it but if you do have trouble with acne scarring and dehydrated skin and you can afford this, I would recommend trying it.

No comments