Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm Review (Combination skin)

I've been using Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm on and off since December. When I first started using it I loved it, as you will have seen in my first impressions of Emma Hardie Morgina Balm review post there was initially no negative reaction from my skin so everything was all good. But as I mentioned in the post it takes at least a month or so to make an informed judgement of a skincare product (I think, anyway).

emma-hardie-moringa-balm
Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm £34.00 Feel Unique

emma-hardie-moringa-balm-review

Unfortunately my skin took a turn for the worst around 2 weeks ago and I couldn't work out why. I had stopped using Emma Hardie every single day and I used it only as an indulgent treatment when I went in the bath (The rest of the time I used REN Clearcalm Clay Cleanser) so I had to start narrowing everything down to try and work out what was wrong. I had already cut my skincare routine right to the bare bones because I had been using La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo and it was working well for me. I was literally only using Emma Hardie when I got a bath (which is around 1-2 times per week, obviously with showers in between!). 

One morning I woke up with really painful spots on my cheeks (I never normally get them here!). They weren't white heads they were just really really painful blind spots. My face ached so much it hurt to even touch it to put make up on, it is honestly one of the worst breakouts I've ever had and I couldn't work out what it was. It wasn't 'that time of the month' and besides they were in the wrong place for them to be hormonal spots. I couldn't work out what it was that had caused it so I just concentrated on getting rid of them with clay masks and the Effaclar products which eventually sorted me out. I kind of forgot about it and carried on with my normal skincare routine, REN then La Roche Posay. 

One night I used the Emma Hardie whilst in the bath because I wanted something to relax and unwind; the gorgeous scent of Moringa was exactly what I was looking for. I used it as I usually would, with a clean flannel and warm running water... thought nothing of it. Until the next morning when I had another breakout, similarly bad to the last one I'd had and I realised what it was... the Emma Hardie Cleanser.

I am genuinely gutted about this because I did love using it, it melts away make up like no other and smells divine but something in it is obviously too much for my skin. As you will have seen I've been using this in the bath for a while but unfortunately I've realised it was the root of the breakout troubles I'd been having. I daren't try it again to reaffirm this because honestly the spots were horrendous but thankfully my skin is on the way to recovery again with the help of the Effaclar products, but the Emma Hardie will be going in the bin. 

Have you ever had an adverse reaction to skincare?

Please remember that what doesn't work for me, might work wonders for you, I have seen plenty of rave reviews for this product but my skin is combination and prone to breakouts which is why it hasn't suited me.

No comments